About Us | History of BMS
The history of BMS institutions dates back to the year 1946. Late Sri. B. M. Sreenivasaiah, philanthropist and visionary, realized the importance of technical education in the country. BMS College of Engineering, which he started in the year 1946, has the distinction of being the first private engineering college in the country. Sri B. M. Sreenivasaiah was conferred the title 'Dharma Prakasha Raja Karya Prasaktha' by the Maharaja of Mysore for his yeoman service in the education sector. The inheritors of his legacy continue to cherish and uphold his vision and ideals.
After the demise of Sri B. M. Sreenivasaiah, his illustrious son Sri. B. S. Narayan, a dynamic and enterprising personality, developed BMS College of Engineering into one of the finest engineering colleges. In addition, he established other institutions of higher education including BMS College of Law, BMS College for Women and BMS Evening College of Engineering. He was instrumental in initiating several collaborative programs, such as cross cultural programs with M/s Melton Foundation & training foreign students under International Co-operation Division.
The affairs of the BMS Institutions are effectively managed by The Council of Trustees appointed by Dr. B. S. Ragini Narayan, wife of Late Sri B. S. Narayan, who is the Donor Trustee & Member Secretary of BMS Educational Trust.
"Promoting prosperity of mankind by augmenting human resource capital through quality education and training."